Sunday 20 June 2010

14th to 20 June + WHW extended edition

This week was an up and down one.

Not surprisingly it took me till Wednesday till I was out running again and the good news is shin splints are completely gone and legs were only a wee bit stiff. So I just did 3 miles and felt good so upped it for the last 2.

On Thursday I went to the club thinking I was just going to do the warm up and warm down. One of the reasons for this is because it is the longest warm up/down at just over 2 1/2 miles down to Pollock Park. The actual session was daffodil hills which are right next to the back of Pollock Park House. I decided to start the session and see how I got on. It was 2 sets of 7 with 10 minutes rest in between. I actually got stronger as the session went on and the second set was faster than the first so very pleasing.

On Friday, Alex was up for a run round work at lunchtime which was about 2 miles. He did say at the start he just wanted to take it easy, but by the end he was saying he wanted to go out longer! But due to time restrictions it was just a short one today.

On Saturday it was down to Park run to help out with registration, then ran down to the gym to join as my upper body is seriously week at the moment and needs some work. So I have taken the plunge and if it benefits my running that will be a bonus but really its just to get some strength in my arms.

Today I had big plans for a long run but I knew as soon as I left the flat it just wasn't going to happen. I felt sluggish, sore throat and decided that instead of slogging out miles just for the sake of it and potentially make things worse. I came back after a mile and that was it.

So I have now done the extended edition of the WHW video from last week. Unfortunately the interviews with Stephen during it I could barely hear so decided it wasn't worth putting them in as even at the highest volume I'd no idea what he said. But there is some extra stuff in there. But apparently Stephen can hear them fine so will try and make another version at some point. Also tried to improve the volume balance between music and videos so hopefully that is better this time.


Half the West Higland way in a day from Stuart McBeath on Vimeo.

No comments: