Monday 17 May 2010

Weekly Summary - 10th-16th May

Decided to copy this guy Anton Krupicka's blog (Riding the Wind in the blogs I follow section, he is an ok runner ;-) ) and do weekly summary's for now as although my nearest aim is Clyde Stride in July. It does feel like I am focusing more on Loch Ness in October as most of my runs are geared towards the latter.

So Monday my legs actually felt ok but I did feel a bit worn down still from Saturday so took the night off.

Tuesday I was raring to go again and what should I do to celebrate my first proper week back in training? My favourite session the Merries. This time I decided to do the Merries extended route plus doing another hill nearby twice which is up there with the hardest Merry. I knew the Merries extended was about 5.5- 6 miles but wasn't sure how much the other 2 would add on until I returned. Turns out it was 7.8 miles over 13 hills. Before I set out I thought if I can eventually get this down to marathon pace (8min/miles), that would be great. So guess what I did? 7.52 min/miles average! So pleased and it felt really comfortable. I am especially pleased with my downhill running as it feels relaxed and quicker than previously.

Wednesday it was of course the UEFA cup final. I don't usually take football as priority over running but to see if Fulham could do it was just too appealing so just went out for a steady 3 miles only to see Fulham narrowly miss out on a penalty shoot out in the last bit of extra time. What a season they've had though!

On Thursday night it was down to the club for another session down at Roukenglen Park. This was another session I have not done before which was 5 times just under 1/2 mile reps on grass. The start has a short incline followed by a long descent before turning and flattening out. The last part is a long incline before flattening out just before the end of the lap. There was a large group in our C group tonight and I let other people pace it and just fell in behind. The first rep was 6.39 min/mile pace and got faster with every rep. For the last rep I was feeling it and I didn't realise at the time but everyone was really pushing it! I thought at the time it would be my slowest rep but it ended up being my fastest at 6.18 min/per mile pace.

Friday was day off. Then Saturday went down to the park run and did the timer! Over 350 people today so it was always going to be a challenge getting my clean sheet today (number of clicks of the timer = number of tokens given out) and at one point I was 1 out. But it went straight back to none out at the number check 2 seconds later so it just went down as a brief error (or something like that, lol). So great teamwork meant that I got another clean sheet! Which is awesome especially with that many people. So my record is now 3/5 clean sheets. After that I went for a 4.5 mile easy run. Followed by my friend's Stephen and Emma's wedding which was awesome! A took part in a bit of cross training, with a mix of Ceilidh dancing/ and a good mix of indie rock music. You'll be pleased to know I managed to increase my repetiore of free styling to the dashing white sergent. So after all that Sunday was fun, I was so tired I took the day off. I had good intentions of going to the club run in the morning but my body just told me in no uncertain terms not too.

No comments: