Sunday 30 January 2011

Slowly but surely getting there

This week has been tough but I'm slowly but surely getting there. On Monday I went to the doctors and Tuesday I went to the Psychiatrist, so I'm getting the right help and the doctor gave me a sick line.

I have been running every day and just trying to get back to my normal self. I've left the garmin behind and not counting miles for now as at the moment my priority is to get better which I definitely am compared to this time last week but I just need to be patient.

Yesterday I did the park run. Usually when I ask to volunteer I just say give me anything. But this week I decided to be tail runner as it is a job I've never done before. I really enjoyed it. There were a few late comers which I let go pass and the usual good banter was had between runners and volunteers. Then the runners spread out and two girls were in last place. I just let them chat amongst themselves until the split where they informed me they were just doing 1 lap. Cool I thought, now I get a bit of a run! I didn't catch up with the next girl until the bottom of the glade and we got chatting and I told her 'don't worry, I'll be last today so you don't have too!' Then going up the last small steep climb caught up with another girl and chatted until I let them go ahead just before the finish.

In other news my brother's wife got a PB by nearly a minute! She has just joined Giffnock North too so looking forward to seeing her times improve even more.

Today I had a nice long lie in and will just been trying to rest more while keeping up the running. Onwards and upwards :-)

2 comments:

SlowTransRunning said...

Stu
Sorry to hear you've been having a bad time of it and while I don't know of your problems I do hope you manage to get the right treatment and recover fully soon.
BTW - hats off to you for posting this as well - there's few people in the UK willing to stand up and say "I'm seeing a Psychiatrist". That takes real strength of character. I do hope it doesn't affect your running as well!

STR

Stuart said...

Thanks STR, appreciate your comment. You are one of my inspirations reading your story. While its different things we are going through, the common factor is mental health. I can't really imagine what you are going through, after all nobody can see what goes on in peoples brains (if only they could!). I hope you too are on the road to recovery and happy running.

Oh and its not affecting my running :-) phew! ha
Stu