Friday 25 February 2011

Back on something other than track

Yesterday I went up to the club and it was one of my favourite sessions. Why? Because it was a long one!

Started off with a mile warm up, then 3 times 2 miles. I say 2 miles but really they are all just below 2 miles as the end points are more convenient than the actual 2 mile marks. I got talking to Hugh who is the one I was surprised to beat at the Nationals. We were talking about the Tuesday track session and how maybe its not the best thing for me as I am doing longer distances. I mean, I've got a friend who runs 400 metre races and he does this session we did Tuesday just past! Most the people that go on a Tuesday are doing 40 times that distance in races - at least. I have read some blogs by guys in America and they do track sessions for longer distances but they do mile reps, at least, on the track.

So he suggested that I do, 3 mile warm up, 3 times 1 mile reps then, 3 mile warm down. So guess what I'm doing next Tuesday! probably find a hill to throw into the mix  :-)

Today I went for a run round Gogurburn with Alex. Unfortunately he has had an ankle injury which he has been icing. He got about half a mile in and felt it hurting so sensibly turned round and walked back. I continued on, although I had heavy legs from the previous day, it's not difficult to keep going when your going round the fun cross country style route round Gogar!

So another 2 good days and looking forward to the weekend.

Here is a song to celebrate the rain falling on my head today - is there anything more refreshing?!

No comments: