Saturday 4 October 2014

Pollock Parkrun 294

Today was a bit of a strange one as I really thought I'd run better than I thought.  It was almost half the usual crowd of runners today at Pollock park run due to the great Scottish run tomorrow but it still felt like it took a bit of time to get going at the start. Due to this, the field spread out a lot during the run though and on the second lap I was pretty much on my own with no targets to pick off. I felt good today while still feeling I was giving a good effort and had the added bonus that I didn't walk a step today unlike 2 weeks ago. So when I got home and saw my time, I was surprised to see 32.29 which is nearly a minute slower than 2 weeks ago which involved walking. Maybe I could have pushed it more in the second lap but you always need to have something left for that final incline.

Ian left a good comment on my last blog about setting goals which I have been thinking about a lot.  My main aims for this year are to finish a park run in under 30 minutes and run 6 miles comfortably. If I can do that I'll consider a spring half marathon and rejoining my old club Giffnock North.


No comments: