Wednesday 1 June 2016

Steps Challenge Week 1



Day 1:  1 walk in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Then 4.3 mile run after work which was a bit of a struggle and had to run/walk after 3 miles. But still 10,307 steps in the bag for the first day.

Day 2: A walk in the morning, lunch and afternoon. Then 4.3 mile run after work, same as day 1 but a lot wetter.  This time not surprisingly I had to walk earlier than day 1 but somehow got round 30 seconds faster so all good. Another 10,165 steps in the bag.

Day 3: Rest day from running. So of course I get a steps PB of 13,701 with all walking involved in my journey to and from work and going about the office.

Day 4:  I was all set to go down to Ayr today for their parkrun but luckily checked the website to find out it was cancelled. So it was off to Pollok instead. My legs were feeling really tired after the warm up so I lowered my expectations today. But I really shouldn't have because although my legs were feeling it all the way round I actually had a great run finishing in 28.29.  I have finally got below the 29 minutes at Pollok which I haven't managed to do since returning to running in 2014.  There were bits of the course especially on the 4th km where I felt I was slowing so hoping I can take another chunk off this time soon.  Managed 12,704 steps today.

Day 5:  Wanted to go for a longer run today but woke up and decided that I need to try and rest my legs a bit so 6 mile walk instead.  14,743 steps. new pb.

Day 6:  I woke up this morning thinking to just completely rest today and just go for the average of 10000 steps a day, instead of minimum 10000 steps a day. But after running round a park after my nieces took up 5000 steps, I decided to just bite the bullet and walk home from my parents meaning well over the 10,000 for the day. I may still go for average but not yet. I'm hoping my fitness will pick up and I will recover quicker if I keep going. 14,023 today.

Day 7:  In office today so 13,148 steps all walking. Hopefully as time goes on I'll have more energy to do a run after work too with these ones,

So that's a wrap for week 1. Here are the stats:

My average steps for week 1: 12,684
My team's average steps for week 1: 15,034
My team's ranking in our department mini league after week 1: 2nd out of 8
My team's ranking across all companies competing in GCC after week 1: 2,798 out of 48,444

So my team are doing great! Can't believe how good the team average is. My steps PB is 300 steps off our overall average!

No comments: