Wednesday 13 July 2016

Steps Challenge Week 7

Day 43:  (Still in Paignton)  Today we went to the Eden project which was about a 3 hour round trip on the train.  I've always wanted to go but have not been down this part of the country in years. I was not disappointed incredible place. And lots of walking too plus the usual post tea walk making 12,012 steps for the day.

Day 44: Today we went to Okehampton castle in the morning then Canonteign waterfall in the afternoon.  I especially enjoyed the waterfall as we hiked all the way to the top of it and it was quite a dramatic drop. Then we had a walk along Dawlish sea front followed by the usual sea front walk after dinner at Paignton. 14,930 steps.

Day 45:  Today was the day I left my folks and traveled back up to Scotland by train.  They dropped me off just after 9 am at Newton Abbot train station so I had an hour and a half to kill. So I had a walk around Newton Abbot.  Then I had to change train in Birmingham and had a couple of hours to kill there. So got some lunch and then had a look round the shops there. So even though I traveled a fair chunk of the country I still managed to hit 10,000. :-)10,428 steps to be precise.

Day 46: Easy day today as I rest up for tomorrow's race. 12,161 steps.

Day 47: I did the Crieff 10k today which has its own blog. 15,158 steps.

Day 48: Recovery day today.  13,195 steps all walking.

Day 49: Legs almost feel recovered from Crieff now. Hopefully be out running tomorrow. 13,323 steps.

Here are the stats for the week:

My average steps for week 7: 13,030
My overall average: 12, 846


My team's average steps overall: 13,957
My team's ranking in our department mini league after week 7: 3rd out of 8 - Same as 2 weeks ago
My team's ranking across all companies competing in GCC after week 7: 6,594 out of 48,444 -  Up 304 places on 2 weeks ago

So due to everyone updating there steps onto the website we actually went up in the rankings this week!

Although I only had one run this week, it was still a good week. But with Kielder marathon and Dunoon half marathon out of the picture I do feel I need some new races to target which have realistic time frames to train for.  I still have my goal of sub 27 minute at Pollok parkrun which can't be far away and also 500 miles for the year.  I think I may try the marcothon again in December which is running at least 3 miles every day in December.



No comments: