Sunday 2 August 2009

Loch Ness Marathon Training week 7

What a week!

Tuesday night was my first hill session of the training and went really well with lots of rain! Wednesday night a nice easy 8 miles.

Then Thursday night.... This run I knew was probably one of the most challenging training runs I have ever attempted. I have done 3 - 5 mile tempo runs plenty of times before but tonight I would attempt a 7 mile tempo run. On the schedule it says 7 miles in 1 hour. However I really wanted to get as close to 56 minutes as possible meaning 8 minute miles. Everything was going according to plan up until 5 miles where I got a stich. But I ran with it right to the end and managed 55.07! So was really pleased.

Saturday morning I slept in so had to drive to the park run where I volunteered and entered everyone's race placing on to the computers. Once again I had fun and was a good laugh. When I got home I did my easy 4.5 miler setting things up nicely for Sunday.

Today I managed 18 miles with the first 8 miles a net up hill and probably the majority of 150 metres of ascent with the exeption of Maneswood Road, Pollock park and through the middle of Queens Park. On the schedule it said to do this in 2.35 which must be on schedule for 3.45 marathon. But I was really just aiming to do it in under 3 hours (10 minute miling. So I was pleased to do it in 2.47. So I probably did the hills in 10 minute miling then the downhill and flats in 9 minute miling.

So overall a great week and a record high for weekly mileage of 44 miles :-)

Next Sunday I am doing the Helensbourgh half marathon which I have never done before and didn't actually know about it until today!

No comments: