Sunday 8 August 2010

Back in the Saddle again

Yep that's me back running and feeling gooooooooooooooooooooood!

Monday I ran to the gym and back with no pain at all in my foot. At the gym I did, 22 minutes on the rower covering 4,650 metres! Another 2 minutes on to that and 5k looks like a possiblity. 30 minutes on the cross trainer followed by small circut session.

Tuesday I did my 6.5 mile loop and totally cruised it, coming in at just under 53 minutes. Awesome. Wednesday I was going to go to the gym but on the way there my legs felt really stiff so just went for a short 2.5 mile run.

Thursday was at the club doing 0.46 mile grass reps at Roukenglen park. I felt awesome getting into a really good stride. The first rep I did in 3.04 and the other 4 reps varied from 2.53 to 2.58 so pretty pleased with the consistancy. It did feel like an 800 metre race at some points with people getting boxed in and getting pulled back but unlike a race we had a good laugh about it. There was also mention of some from the club going to Barcelona next year for the half marathon. Highly tempting!

Friday went for 2 mile run with Alex H round Gogarburn.

I was tempted to do my race for August on the Saturday at Strathclyde park run as Glasgow Park run was off this week due to the Pollock park family fun day. But my sensible head took over again as I was picking up my bro for his stag doo at 11am, so would have been tight and also I don't think I would have lasted if I had run in the morning. So needless to say Sunday was out as just far too tired. But will be back at it tomorrow and looking forward to the week ahead.

No comments: