Tuesday 8 February 2011

Ahhhhhh, that's better - Now back to RUNNING!

I feel like I've just let off a huge fart in that last post and feels so much better. Thank you for all the comments/emails. Now time to get back to what this blog is all about - Running, Running and other adventures!

I've been thinking a lot about other races I'm going to do this year and also my strategy for the fling.

Feb - National cross country - I love the course in Falkirk and I really hope there is a good turnout from my club as it is part of our club championships
March I'm still torn between the D33 and the Alloa half which are on the same weekend.
April - I might do Tom Scott 10 miler as a tune up race. The Highland Fling I've decided I'm going to try and take it as unseriously as possible. I realise there is aspects you have to take seriously - food, hydration and I want to finish below the cut offs but that's it. This way it takes the pressure right off me and hopefully I can have a nice relaxing run/walk up to Tyndrum with some pain to make it an authentic ultra experience.
May - I was going to do Goatfell but then the club announced that part of the club champs would be the Fire Service 10k on the same day. So I've decided to do that as a tribute to the great jobs our firemen/women do.
June - Could not miss the Kilpatricks hill race! and will be doing LAMM too.
July - Clyde Stride!
August - Not decided yet, maybe Lomonds of Fife hill race
September - Hardmoors 60 - Will be good to get a 60 miler in before hopeful WHW training for 2012
October - Pentlands Skyline and/or Mugdock trail race if its still going
November - Tinto time!
December - West Districts cross country

and some relay races thrown in for good measure

So an exciting year ahead :-)

No comments: