Monday 21 February 2011

A day of 3 thirds

Yesterday I woke up and my legs were feeling it from the Nationals. So I rested for most of the day just typing up running related articles and went for a wee 3 mile run at night to work away some of the rustiness.

Today I was back at work. Usually the the expression is 'a game of 2 halves' for football. Well today was more like a game of ice hockey as it was split into thirds.

The morning was brilliant, good laugh and really productive.

The afternoon I dipped to a low that I haven't experienced that low really since the holiday. I tried to get myself out of it but any attempt just didn't seem to work. I was still productive but just wasn't my normal self. I think I almost peaked to early in the day and wore myself out. When I left work I was wondering how long my run would be tonight.

On the way home though I started listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers album 'Live from Hyde Park'. I could gradually feel myself picking up through the journey home. By the time I got off the last train, I cranked it up full volume and getting the positivity back. Then when I was out running I got into a nice and relaxed rhythm and managed 8 miles. On the run I was thinking about my plans for tomorrow which I think is going to be a better day. So a combination of music and running got me through :-)

Here is another song which I was listening to today and is one of my favourite tracks of the noughties

No comments: