Monday 14 February 2011

Inspiration video

I did my usual 10k tonight which I haven't done in a while. It felt really good both the rain falling on my head and physically. I took a day off yesterday to recover from my long run and I feel springy and totally recovered today which is good.

I watched the nutrition video and a wee bit of Dr Cuthill's video but I stopped because I realised I wasn't taking it in. This was always my problem in uni. I would go to lectures take in the first couple of things then my mind goes walkies until I start concentrating again and then they are on to something different. It's not the lecturers fault as some people can absorb all the information in the lecture and can re-sight all the points afterwards. That's why I eventually I took notes in uni. I found by reading things after, I absorb them better which is why I'll be reading the slides instead because all the stuff that is said in those videos is very important. Learning by reading and learning by doing are just my preferred methods of learning.

The exception though with me is inspirational speakers - I can listen to them all day. Chris Moon should take a bow - that was inspirational!  I'm so glad John recorded this as whenever I need inspiration I'll watch this. I was going to pick out quotes but there are just too many.

For me though the thing which makes Chris Moon and others like him really inspirational. Is how he deals with being an amputee. He is a funny guy, has the right attitude (see 10 mins 30sec to 11 mins 10secs but I recommend all of it), he can laugh at himself and he has done things some people don't even think is possible.

Respect.

No comments: