Sunday 6 March 2011

Crazy rest of week

Wednesday I did a nice and easy 4.5 miles.

On Thursday I couldn't go to the club as I had a work night out. So I went up to the Kilpatricks just before and did a run up to the trig point and back. This time I wore my Inov8s and I definitely feel a lot more confidence going down the steep hills with them over the Hokas. I think its because the rubber studs on the Inov8s give a lot more grip. But over longer distances Hokas would provide a lot more comfort and less damage to the joints.

On Friday I did between 2-3 miles round Gogar with Alex. Alex wanted to mix it up a bit so we went in the opposite direction. It's amazing how running the same route in the opposite direction can give you a completely different run.

On Saturday I helped out doing the park run where I did registration this week and it was good fun. In the afternoon I headed up to the Old Kilpatricks - to get my hattrick of the Kilpatricks this week. I again went up to the trig point and back and was nice and easy.

Today, I think I'm going to have a rest day. But I said that last week and ended up going out at night so see what happens and how I feel.

Now running has not made this a crazy week. It's been crazy because my mood has been up and down like a yo-yo. One minute I would be fine and laughing away. Next I would be down and just keeping to myself. I looked it up and it's called 'Rapid Cycling'. The good thing about this though is that you are not in a low for too long so it's easier to stay positive as I believe the next high isn't too far away. It's harder to deal with when you are in a low for days/weeks and you are just wondering when you are going to get out of it.  I think I'm getting better at dealing with it but I am still learning.

Anyway comedy is always a good one to cheer me up:

No comments: