Wednesday 8 June 2016

Steps Challenge Week 2

Day 8: I had an away day with work today which involved going to the driving range and doing pitching and putting. It was fun and needless to say it was a pretty easy day for getting the steps in. 14,323 altogether.

Day 9: Working from home today so wanted to get a 4 miler in somewhere in the day. It didn't happen first thing so I went out at lunch time. I struggled right from the off, might have been the heat. Anyway did nearly 3 miles. But I still needed to get up my step count more so after dinner went out for another 1 mile run which was a lot better to finish the day on 10,487.

Day 10: Pretty much the same step count as day 9 but achieved in a completely different way.  Today was all walking.  Would have been more but missed my train connection this morning which meant took the bus instead of walking to the office.  10,510 today though so still above target.

Day 11:  Today has its own blog entry and throughout the day managed to clock up 13,768 steps all together. Expected it to be more than that to be honest!

Day 12:  Nice recovery walk today in the sun.  Legs felt stiff for starter but felt good by the end. 11,371 steps today.

Day 13: In the office today so managed 12,700 steps.............then I went for a 3 mile run at night. Totally nailed it. It was strange I was feeling it but felt strong at the same time.  So new steps PB of 17,857 :-)

Day 14: In the office again and just walking today so 12,675 steps.

Here are the stats for week 2:

My average steps for week 2: 12,997
My team's average steps overall: 14,955
My team's ranking in our department mini league after week 1: 3rd out of 8 - Down 1 place on last week
My team's ranking across all companies competing in GCC after week 1: 5,359 out of 48,444 -  Down by 2,561 places on last week

My overall average: 12, 841

Bit down on last week because 1 of the guys hasn't updated his steps for the week. Hopefully he hasn't stopped already! But generally we are still doing great.

No comments: