Wednesday 15 June 2016

Steps Challenge Week 3

Day 15:  Had my first walking phone meeting today for our weekly team meeting. So I went outside and walked round my estate countless times which tallied up to 2500 steps. This is actually encouraged now if you don't need to look up anything on your PC during the meeting which is great. Then at night I went out for a 3 mile run which was a bit different to the usual route by throwing in some more hills.  10,967 steps today.

Day 16:  Working from home again today. I got up earlier so I could have an hour for lunch.  My legs did feel very tired  but I made sure I went for wee walks and a 2 mile walk at lunch time.  After work I wanted to do 4 miles but decided at the decision point for my 3 mile route just to do the 3 miles would be the sensible option and hopefully set me up for a good weekend run. 12, 507 steps today.

Day 17: "Rest day" today - meaning all walking. 13,310 steps.

Day 18: No running again today. Legs are still feeling it so decided just to have a very leisurely 4 mile walk. 11,407 steps.

Day 19:  I wanted to do a longer run today but right from the off I didn't feel good. My legs felt fresh which was good but it was the upper body that was the problem.  After half a mile it just turned into a walk with bits of jogging.  Eventually I made it up to the 10,000 steps for the day. - 10,207 steps.

Day 20: Missed my connection again this morning. So this changed things totally today.  I decided not to walk from the station to the office in either direction.  The theory being I would save myself for a good training session later. And.  It worked!  Did about 6,500 steps during the day. Then went out at night and did a brilliant hills session which I just made up today.  It was 5 times up a kind of gradual slope where I averaged about a minute.  Then went to another hill which was a shorter steeper hill which averaged about 35 seconds and did that 5 times. Plus warm up and cool down. So a good day.  12,848 steps today.

Day 21:  Easy day today so just walking - 10,386 steps.

Here are the stats for week 3:

My average steps for week 3: 11,662My team's average steps overall: 14,438My team's ranking in our department mini league after week 3: 3rd out of 8 - Same as last weekMy team's ranking across all companies competing in GCC after week 1: 5,359 out of 48,444 -  Down by 112 places on last week
My overall average: 12, 448


So not as many steps as the first 2 weeks, but I am gradually introducing quality running sessions.  So I expect less steps.  2 good runs, 1 ok run and one absolute stinker is still progress. As far as the team is concerned it looks like everyone is still going. Its just some people leave at a while then upload multiple entries at once. So good news there.

I reached my first major milestone in the challenge this week which was getting to 250,000 steps. The aim is to get 1 million in 100 days so I am ahead of target at the moment. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it true you like steps the music group ???

STEPS TEAM UK said...

PLEASE FOLLOW STEPS5678

Stuart said...

I've had them on repeat all through this challenge lol