Wednesday 3 August 2016

Steps Challenge Week 10

Day 64: Well this week didn't get off to the best of starts. Missed my train connection which meant only walked into work and got the bus back.  Also my legs still didn't feel fully recovered from the hill session I did a few days ago so ended up not running either.  Still made the 10,000 steps though......10,302 steps.

Day 65: Well if I thought yesterday was bad, today was worse.  Train problems this morning meant I missed 2 trains at Queen Street. So I had to get the bus both ways from the station to the office.  This is the first time I have had to do this since the challenge started.  I learned from this though that I do about 6000 steps at the very minimum when I go to the office.  Then when I got home I went out for an easy run which turned out not to be so easy. In fact I stopped running after about quarter of a mile and walked the rest. Just no energy and very tired.  On the plus side I just had to do 2 miles to make it up to 10,000 steps. 10,597 steps altogether.

Day 66: More energy today and walked both ways from station to the office as no train problems. No running as saving myself for the weekend. 12,855 steps.

Day 67: This week is getting quite amusing. Another stinker of a day running wise. Slept in for parkrun. Then went out to go for a run. Quarter of a mile in and I was just feeling rubbish so just walked 2 miles.  Then spent an hour at home before going out for another 2 mile walk to get the majority of my 10,000 steps in.  Sleeping in for parkrun turned into a blessing in disguise I think! 10,475 steps.

Day 68:  Still not feeling right so just a 4 1/2 mile walk. Felt better for it but wasn't even going to attempt a run. 11,045 steps.

Day 69:  In the office day. Trains were running late but just decided to walk both ways to and from the station and just get home later. No running again but I think I'm on the up. 12,766 steps.

Day 70:  You may as well re-read Day 69 as I would just type the same thing again. Except the step count which was 13,011 steps.

Here are the stats for the week:

My average steps for week 10: 11,579
My overall average: 13,069


My team's average steps overall: 13,670
My team's ranking in our department mini league after week 10: 4th out of 8 - same as last week
My team's ranking across all companies competing in GCC after week 10: 11,076 out of 48,444 -  Down 1,342  places on last week.


Well this week certainly didn't go to plan. 2 terribly bad attempted runs and that was it.  Think I may have just needed to re-charge the batteries a bit. Whether the batteries have been re-charged or not, since I still have been hitting the minimum of 10k a day, we will have to wait and see.  Through not running though it has actually made me more excited about my running. Thoughts are starting to turn to plans for the rest of the year and next year. 2017 may end up being a 5k-10k year again and try and get faster times which don't get me wrong I do enjoy running fast. But I am getting an itch to go higher and longer. So we shall see.

No comments: