Wednesday 14 December 2016

Marcothon Week 2

Day 8:  I decided today to take things a little easier.  Normally in 3 mile runs i do tend to pick up the pace as the run goes on. But today I deliberately kept it even pace in the hope that I'll be a bit fresher for parkrun on day 10.

Day 9:  In work today and yesterdays plan was already out the window.  My legs are really starting to feel tired and today was probably the toughest run yet.  Still managed to run all the way though and changed the route so only half a mile on trails and the rest on pavement.

Day 10: Decided to go to Pollok parkrun today as I haven't been in 2 months.  My legs were feeling it so this wasn't a seasons best chasing run.  After the warm up I felt loosened up a bit and when we got started a got into a pace which meant I was putting in a decent effort at least. Really the aim of the day was to keep up my streak of doing parkruns under 30 minutes(currently at 19) which I achieved by running 28 minutes bang on.

Day 11: My legs were feeling tired today so decided to try and make things as easy as possible by doing 3 mile loops which are almost flat as a pancake.  Even though this was the easiest I could make it, it still wasn't an easy run!  Afterwards my stats showed that I gradually increased the pace per rep but I found this really tough going. So much so afterwards I really did start to think whether this is the right challenge for me to be doing right now.  Am I actually getting fitter?  Am I just beating my body up for a month and not actually getting any benefit?  As usual though I'm not giving up without a fight.

Day 12: A different Monday to usual.  Now my work on client site has finished for the year I am free to run when I want. So what time did I go out for a run? The same time I would if I was working from home lol. 5pm.  So after "work" today I went out for possibly my best run yet! Not only best but it was also my longest so far this month at 4 and half miles. Everything just clicked today, it was nice and easy and just pure joy.  After Day 11 it was exactly what the doctor ordered!

Day 13:  Today was one of those days I just could not decide what to do. Even when I reached the end of my street to start the run I hadn't decided. I just started running and made it up as I went along. In the end I did my usual 3 mile route with 0.8 mile fast because it covered some Strava segments.

Day 14: Easy 3 miles today and honestly this was easy and just really enjoyable.  It was raining and everything which just added to it.

I really feel I have reached a turning point in my Marcothon experience this week and maybe even running generally.  Things are starting to click and next week hopefully this is a sign of things to come and I can push a bit more.

No comments: