Sunday 28 January 2018

2018 Goals

I've had this post sitting in my drafts since boxing day. My indecisve nature meant that i have been humming and hawing as to what to do this year but I think I have decided. To be honest the orginal post focused on what I wasn't doing and why. But I have decided to focus on what I am doing. And no prizes for guessing what I have gone for. - parkruns - and lots of them!

My goals are as follow:

In terms of number of parkruns I hope to do 41 this year and aim for 40 in the 2 following years meaning in 2020 I can gain my 250 t-shirt.

This year I also hope to have done all the parkruns in Glasgow area at least 5 times.  I have already done this at Pollok, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Linwood.  Just Drumchapel, Victoria, Springburn and Ruchill to go. Unless another one pops up! Speaking of which 2 nearish parkruns which I haven't tried are Plean and Troon. These are on this list for this year and also plan on hitting a few I haven't tried a bit further a field too. I would like to do an international one and that new one up in Shetland looks ace.  I would like to spend more time at my home parkrun Pollok this year too, so I am thinking doing Pollok every second parkrun.

In terms of time, I have the following aims:

Flat parkrun (Linwood, Victoria or Strathclyde): Sub 26 minute
Medium hilly parkrun (Pollok, Springburn): Sub 27 minute
Hilly parkrun (Ruchill, Drumchapel, Tollcross): Sub 28 minute

These are times I achieved in 2016 on some of the courses, but as I said I went backwards a bit in 2017 so these are the goals I am setting for 2018 and I feel will push me.

I think a big part of achieving these goals will be down to my weight loss goals too. I think I need to lose around 2 stone to get down to a good weight again after putting on a stone last year.


No comments: