Tuesday 31 December 2019

2020 goals

So next year will hopefully be a good a parkrun year as 2019 was.  Right now I have an idea of what I want to achieve but there are a number of factors which could change things.

In terms of tourism I would like to try and get 20 new Scottish parkruns done in 2020.  I am on 38 at the moment and if i did 20 that would take me up to 58 and there are currently 56 in Scotland at the moment with 2 starting in January and no doubt more throughout the year. So I don't expect to complete all the Scottish parkruns next year but I'll hopefully be in a good position to do it in 2021.  Most of the parkruns I have left to do, although not Glasgow, they are across the central belt.  There are still some scattered about such as Fort William, Oban, Aviemore, Inverurie and Montrose.  Then 2 island ones of Stornoway and Bressay (Shetland).  So a good bit of Scotland still to cover.  I have also have planned visits to Bushy parkrun and Victoria Dock parkrun which are both in London.  Bushy being the home of parkrun as it was the very first parkrun.

I am going to go for the sub 30 minute average parkrun time challenge again. The more I do Pollok or Queen's the harder it will be but its a fun thing to try.  It would be great to get my Pollok and Queen's time below 30 as it would mean I have a lot more chance of doing this challenge.

I also plan on volunteering more.  I'll keep going at Rouken Glen juniors on a Sunday and aim to volunteer once a month at either Pollok or Queen's where which one will depend on which one I spend more time at.

A milestone I should be hitting in 2020 is my 250th run.  Currently on 219 so just 31 runs to go.

Outwith parkrun I have entered the Great Scottish run - half marathon in Glasgow.  I have done this 4 times - 2003, 2004, 2009 and 2010.  I'll need to see how training is going about June/July to see if I'm up for it but I hope so.   I think realistically sub 2.30 would be a target at the moment.  Under 2.15 would be amazing. Then Sub 2 would be the ultimate.  Out of the 11 halfs I have done, I have never actually run a half over 2 hours before but I am prepared for it.

Happy new year when it comes and all the best for 2020.




No comments: