Saturday 2 January 2010

2010 plans

After a break through in my running, I have now set goals for 2010. I plan to continue where I left off in 2009 and try and run a race every month. With the weather at the moment cancelling a lot of races, hopefully January and February will be ok. But with the Park run only having to be on once a month and usually being on every week hopefully this will be accomplished. So here are potential races. Only up until April is set in stone so far and after that its just potential races.

January: Park Run - hopefully 31st January or that weekend

February: 20th - National XC - Falkirk

March: 21st Alloa half Marathon

April: 18th Lochaber Marathon

Then I'm planning on hitting the hills most weekends

May: middle of month - Goat fell hill race

June: 19th (depending on how Goat fell goes) - Glen Rosa horseshoe

Then back to marathon training

July: 31st - Dollar hill race or Aonach mor - training run

August - Early - Helensburgh half marathon

September - early - Great Scotish Run

October - Loch Ness Marathon

November - Tinto Hill Race/X- country/Park run

December - Park run/X-country

As for time targets:

Half Marathon (PB 2009: 1.45.01, overall PB 1.40.19)

Bronze: Sub 1.50
Silver: Sub 1.40
Gold: Sub 1.35

Marathon (PB 4.07.47)

Bronze: Finish with a smile on my face
Silver: Sub 4 hours
Silver with a hint of gold: Sub 3.45
Gold: Sub 3.30

5K (PB 22.51)

Bronze: Sub 23 minutes
Silver: Sub 22 minutes
Gold: Sub 21 minutes

For the hill and cross country races time is not as important to me and just doing them for fun. I'll still give them my best shot though!

No comments: