Sunday 10 January 2010

Lochaber Marathon Training week 3

Well after adding up last year's totals. My total mileage was 1349 miles! I am absolutley delighted with this and sums up what a good year I had. This year naturally I am aiming for more but I am not setting any specific mileage goals.

Well this week was another up and down week but mainly up!

After the previous weekends bad runs. I was hoping for a better session on Monday which of course is now circuits. Not only was it a better session, it was my best circuit session ever! The max I use to do was 8 * circuits where as I did 10*circuit plus what I call a super circuit where I do as many of each excersise in the circuit so was well chuffed!

Tuesday I decided to change from my usual 'take it easy' because its icy approach and went for a tempo run. So did 4 1/2 miles in 36 minutes which was pleasing. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before especially with this cold! I was warmed up within a mile and was cruising and could have gone further.

Wednesday I had to cancel my run as I didn't get home till 9.15pm!! a 4 1/2 hour commute and was totally knackered.

Thursday was club night and first club night of the year. To my delight it was the Merries which is a hillly tempo run. Usually they do 10 *hills but because of the cold they just did 8. The pace was a bit slower tonight than ususal maybe because it was the first session back after the break. I was tempted to do more but thought about a hot shower and that was that!

Saturday I helped out at the Park Run which the core team did an incredible job just to make it go ahead. They re-routed it as a 3 lap course around the fields in Pollock Park. So was more like cross country which looked fun. I was doing registration this week and had fun again especially in the cafe afterwards with the volunteers and runners. The hot chocolate went down a treat. I then went for my own run round Pollock Park and had fun. The river was stunning, a dog actually walked right across it when I was there! So ended up doing 5 miles and for a change it was a good Saturday run!

Sunday on the other hand! The first couple of miles went by and I got into my rhythm. The next couple of miles I nearly threw up and began to feel awful and ran out of energy fast which was when I cut the long run short. So ended up with just the 5 miles, which was a complete contrast to the 5 miles on Saturday.

I still not worried about the long runs and I'll get there. I still have 13 weeks worth of training so I must be able to get into them by then!

No comments: