Thursday 17 February 2011

Double dose...

...of running to report.

Yesterday I had a really good session with the Psychiatrist nurse, must have been chatting for about an hour and a half. At night I did an easy 4 1/2 miles ticking along quite nicely.

Tonight I went down to the club where due to the Nationals this weekend, 7 of us did the traditional pre-race Thursday session of the Club Handicap route. It was great chatting about the up and coming race and last years race.

Last year I finished the 12k in 56.56. This year I reckon I should be under 55 minutes. But I'll go into the race with the approach which seemed to work for me last year with races generally. Just not to put any pressure on myself, take the first lap reasonably comfortably and gradually try and get into the race in the second lap before the third lap trying to pick as many people off as I can. That's the plan so wait and see!

I am really excited about it, I love the course and I hope the juniors and women chew up grass lots for the senior men so I can finish the race with mud all over my legs.

I can only hope!

No comments: