Wednesday 30 December 2020

2020 stats

 Well I have given you my thoughts on how my year is gone, now its time to look at the stats.  One of the reasons I love parkrun is because of the records it keeps, and oh yeah the community is great too :-P

In early 2018 I had targeted 2020 to complete 250 parkruns, aptly named the 2020 project.  This obviously wasn't meant to be but at the same time I did make some progress towards it early in the year and I am now on 227 parkruns.  Also I managed another different parkrun in Scotland so I have now run 37 different Scottish parkruns which is out of about 59 I think. Altogether (with English parkruns included) I have run 46 different parkruns.  

Average parkrun time

Now if I was just to take the average time of the 8 parkruns I did early in the year it would have been a bit harsh as mainly all hilly courses done in winter when fitness generally not at its peak. But lucky (not) parkrun started and I can include them in the average too.  I did do 100 (not) parkruns which includes quite a lot of walks.  These walks didnt replace runs but were more of an addition. Ie, I wouldnt have gone out rather than I meant to go a run but I walked instead.  So altogether I ran 56 (not) parkruns, therefore walked 44. Which is not bad when 6 weeks I did no running and all walking due to injury.   I won't include anything between mid March and June as I was just doing random distances.

So

2017 - 31.04 (35 runs)

2018 - 31.52 (46 runs)

2019 - 30.33 (44 runs)

2020 - 31.40 (64 runs)

So faster average than 2018 but slower than 2017 and 2019.  Maybe because this includes midweek  runs where I could be saving myself for other days.  Also counts about 20 more runs than any other year so maybe more difficult to compare this year. Pleased with the volume i managed though.

Now for how those 64 runs were distributed in terms of time.

27 -28 mins - 1 run

28 - 29 mins - 7 runs

29 - 30 mins - 9 runs

30 - 35 mins - 41 runs

35 mins + - 6 runs

So interestingly this year I broke 30 minutes 17 times whereas last year I broke 30 mins 20 times.  Not really that much of a difference. 

I'll go into my plans for next year in my next post.  But I think the absolete key this year is that I have kept my running going and it really has given me the boost I need when I need it. 

No comments: